Microsoft announced several new innovative hardware devices in a largely very well received media event this month.
- MS Band 2 – updated fitness band. Curved screen and added barometer feature in this 11 sensor device.
- Lumia Smartphones – Two new releases including a 5″ hexacore Lumia 950 and a 5.7″ octacore Lumia 950XL. Both feature continuum and ‘windows hello’, 20 MPx cameras with opt stab and 4k video and target the business/premium phone user niche.
- Hololens – developer kit now available. Holograms have great business potential as well as appeal in gaming, tourism and consumer niches. Watch this space.
- Surface Pro 4 – 12.3″ screen, same form factor/size as SP3, 8/16GB RAM, latest intel processor, 30% faster than SP3, mag pen dock.
- Surface Book – 13.5″ ultrabook/laptop/tablet with optional nvidia GPU, wide range of processor and disk/ram specs, features an innovative ‘caterpillar track’ like ‘dynamic fulcrum’ hinge and detachable/reversible screen to allow both laptop or tablet use. 6 million pixels. pen compatible. Aimed at pro-sumer and business/power user market. Innovative design and unexpected release.